Sunday, April 29, 2007

Unlucky Break

Life is fragile. So are hips.

Yesterday, Mom missed a step, fell, and broke her hip. I was actually with her at the time, though not in the same room when it happened.

We ended up in the emergency room, of course, and she'll be having surgery today or tomorrow. I'm - conveniently - at the airport waiting for my flight back to ATL. Thankfully, I have a sister, brother-in-law, and nephew who live in Portland and can help out with things. It'll take a team effort, but I'll be mostly on the distant sidelines cheering.

2 comments:

  1. sorry to hear that Arnold, hope she recovers well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your mom could use some cheering--no small part in the recovery business. It sounded like she was pretty active at her age (walking 2 miles, etc...)so this is going to be a tough haul for her.

    ReplyDelete