Read the post and responses here and learn what not to do. I'd categorize it this way:
- Be a hypocrite.
- Harp on hell.
- Harp on sins.
- Focus on denominational distinctives.
- Use terminology that no one ever uses in normal conversation.
- Pretend to be interested in the other person, but do so only as long as he's interested in talking about Christian stuff.
- Argue or pretend to listen, but don't actually discuss.
- Talk a lot, because time is too short to spend it listening.
Anything you'd add to this list?
Bonus Question: How many of these people rejected Jesus because of Jesus? (Isn't HE supposed to be the stumbling block?)