Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Surgery Today


Today I had outpatient surgery on my elbow. As many of you know, I broke it in October 2005 while hiking in Death Valley, California. The repair job involved a metal plate and 5 screws, all of which I had removed today. You need only ask, and I'll be happy to show them to you.


I guess the Emory surgeon must be good, because I haven't had much pain today. But I do have to keep my arm dry for 3 days. In two weeks, I'll have the staples removed, so if seeing my loose screws wasn't enough for you, I can then show you my scar, too.


In any case, I wrote up the story of my astonishing day in Death Valley and its immediate aftermath. I challenge any theologian to tell me what the heck was going on. But you don't have to be a theologian to enjoy a laugh or two at my expense. Click here if you'd like to go to my website and read Stumbling Through the Valley of Death.

No comments:

Post a Comment