Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Viral. Contagious.

I must be about the last person on earth to see Matt Harding's "Dancing" video. I first heard about it today on the NY Times website . After reading the article, of course I wanted to see the video, which is here:



This video has nearly 5 million views, and over 23,000 people have rated it (with an average rating of 5 stars).

On the face of it, this is just a video of a guy doing a goofy dance. With some beautiful music for the soundtrack. But for me, and I'm guessing for a few million others, this strikes a deeper chord, even a sense of longing, or yearning. What do people see in this? What do I?
  • Community?
  • Acceptance?
  • Joy?

Matt Harding's web site is here.

1 comment:

  1. I think I am actually the last...

    And I see a guy who obviously has a ton of cash to travel like that!

    Ron

    ReplyDelete