Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Mother Teresa, Part 1


It's old news by now, but I'm running behind in my blog posts. Actually, it was old news already when it came out in August. But I didn't pick up on the story when it was first reported three years ago. It took a Time Magazine cover story to catch my attention.
.
I've blogged in the past about how much I hate American news magazines, but after reading David Van Biema's article, I must acknowledge there can be good among the bad. Considering the kind of publication this article appears in, Van Biema's profile is surprisingly well-written, insightful, and even-handed.
.
If you're a follower of Christ and have never felt that God is distant, then you won't identify much with Mother Teresa. But if you've had, or are having, your "dark night of the soul," then it's worth taking the time to read the article. Grab a cup of coffee, and ponder.
"I spoke as if my very heart was in love with God - tender, personal love. If you were there, you would have said, 'What hypocrisy.'"

1 comment: