Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Need Advice? Ask the Imam.


The Internet has ushered many wonders into our lives, not the least of which is the opportunity to obtain advice on the thorny issues of life.

Check out these three websites for inquiring Muslims. You can learn a lot about their faith, in particular how incredibly legalistic it is. The Pharisees had nothing on these guys. (Sample question: If I burp while fasting and then swallow what I burp up, have I broken the fast? Answer: If it only made it to the throat and not the mouth, you have not broken the fast.)

I'm thankful to the true God that I don't have to live in constant fear of making a misstep and ticking Him off. I'm thankful that my ability to obey depends on more than willpower. And I'm thankful that in the form of Jesus, God came "to rescue us from the hand of our enemies and to enable us to serve him without fear in holiness and righteousness before him all our days" (Luke 1.74, 75).

No comments:

Post a Comment